Friday, May 4, 2012

GRANDBOYS




I am blessed to have four grandboys.  They are precious.  Owen and Griffin are 5 and 3.  Luke and Sam are my 9 month old twins.  My twins live in North Carolina and I am spending my day off with them.  What is it that creates that magnetic pull, where eight hours on the road is insignificant in light of what awaits upon my arrival?

These little guys just pee and poop, can't talk or walk.  They bring nothing to the table except their appetites, and when done, don't even say "thanks".  They squawk when things aren't to their satisfaction and seem their happiest when they are crawling all over me, grabbing hair, skin, and snatching my glasses.

What is it about them that makes the 8 hour trip so attractive?    They're mine.  They belong to my family.  From the moment I looked at them in the neonatal nursery I fell in love.  They were precious then, they are precious now because they belong to me.  They are a part of me.   I imagine that is how God feels about us.

No comments:

Post a Comment