Friday, July 13, 2012

DEVOTIONALS


Do you use a devotional book, like Our Daily Bread, or Our Utmost for His Highest, resources like that?  There are so many good reads these days.  One of the popular ones has been Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young.  I had been pretty much a straight Bible reader for my devotional time, just kind of spurned supplemental material.  A few months ago, however, I was given C. H. Spurgeon’s, Morning and Evening.    I found that the subject matter, his insights and writing style really ministered to me.  The readings really touched my spirit.  I am eager to get back into it each day.  
As I thought about it, I realized these devotional books do a great job of connecting God’s truth to life, the everyday things that you and I deal with as we seek to successfully navigate the daily challenges we face.  And they cover all kinds of areas of our realities.  I know we can use different methods in how we ingest the Word of God, but if it has been a while since you have used a Daily Devotional, I encourage you to pull off the shelf an oldie but a goodie, or head to the Christian bookstore and look over some of the new ones.  I really believe it will take your devotion deeper and that can’t be bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment