Sunday, August 12, 2012

LEGACY


On August 9th, 1952, a little baby girl was born into the home of Bob and Margaret Biggs.  They named her Mary Ann.  On November 10, 1972 I met her for the very first time.  It was love at first sight.  In God’s goodness and mercy she said “yes” to my marriage proposal and for 35 years I was blessed beyond my worthiness with the sweetest, most amazing wife a man could dream of.  
Memories of our years together are fun and special, but as I commemorated her 60th birthday I found myself reflecting more on her life’s impact.  I am the man I am today because of her presence in my life.  She showed me what it was to pursue God with all one’s heart.  She lived her faith boldly, without compromise.  She lived selflessly and generously.  The fruit of the Spirit was ripe in her life, and it was manifested in all she was and did.  We often hear people talk about leaving a legacy.  Mary was never motivated by that concept.  All she cared about was living a life pleasing to God and being a blessing and an uplifter of people.  Though she didn’t know it, she left a legacy.  It is found in each person, who like me, was touched by her life.   Happy 60th birthday, sweet lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment