Friday, May 9, 2014

MEMORIES


When you love long enough you have years you want to remember and years you want to forget. Some years are packed with good memories, others with tough and sad ones. May of 2009 to May of 2010 was a tough and sad year. It was the year my first wife, Mary Ann was diagnosed and died of brain cancer. But May of 2013 to May of 2014 has been a good year. A year ago the church board started the process of finding the next lead pastor for CCC. By May of this year God led us to His man. How special it has been to see God's hand on this. Add to that my wedding to Melinda back in September. She is truly a treasure, an incredibly special gift to me and my family.

Plus, today we close on the sale of my house which has been home for the last 8 1/2 years. The people buying it are so excited. This will be the first home they own. On top of that we had a successful estate sale. Everything is gone. "I am now free to move about the country."  Add to all this the memories I've been enjoying as I look back over almost 40 years of Christian ministry. It's a great year to once again remember God is good and God is faithful. All the time. Every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment