Thursday, May 2, 2013

A LIFE VERSE


Do you have a life verse, that special passage in the Bible that spoke to you so emphatically when you read it that its impact has never been forgotten, it shapes your heart and life, and you keep returning to its truth?  
Mine is II Corinthians 5:14, 15.  “For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this, that one died for all, therefore all died; and He died for all, that they who live should no longer live for themselves, but for him who died and rose again on their behalf.”

I drew from these verses the same things the apostle Paul did.  Christ’s love on the cross, where He bore my judgment in His sinless body and I was given eternal life through His death, was so amazing, so incomprehensible it could lead to only one conclusion, “If He, the very Son of God, died for me, I can do nothing else, but live for Him.”
Reviewing these verses from time to time help me evaluate how I’m doing.  It helps me make needed attitude adjustments, revise my perspective and priorities, remember what really matters in life, how I am to live.  Having a life verse can be a helpful tool.  It can be God’s chisel that He uses to keep shaping our hearts.

Do you have one?  If not, read the Word and let the Spirit of God connect one to your heart and mind. 

1 comment:

  1. Mine is Phillipians 4:13. I cling to this verse when things get tough!

    ReplyDelete