Thursday, October 31, 2013

DEVOTION


There are many words in our English language that make us stop and dwell on them for a while.  Devotion is one of them.  I love the sound of it, the meaning of it, and the value of it.   Years ago The Everly Brothers sang a great song entitled, “Devoted to You”.  Maybe you remember it.  Here are some of the lyrics
Darling you can count on me
Till the sun dries up the sea
Until then I'll always be
Devoted to you
I'll never hurt you, I'll never lie
I'll never be untrue
I'll never give you reason to cry
I'd be unhappy if you were blue
Through the years my love will grow
Like a river it will flow
It can't die because I'm so
Devoted to you
Devotion is such a special thing in any love relationship.  We love devoting ourselves to our spouse, our children, to a dear friend.  We can easily connect with the sentiment of the song.  It moves us.  I trust that will be true in one relationship above all others.  May we say to Jesus, our Lord and Savior, “Through the years my love will grow, Like a river it will flow.  It can’t die because I’m so devoted to You.”

No comments:

Post a Comment