Friday, October 25, 2013

UPDATING


I am getting ready to put my home on the market.  The time has come to downsize and get ready to move.  I have owned the home for 8 years.  It certainly isn’t an old home and frankly I think it has a lot of good features.  It’s very livable and comfortable.   But that’s my perspective.  Outside eyes, like those of my realtor see things differently.   I am discovering that my home is in bad need of upgrades for it to be attractive to today’s home buyer.  

It’s interesting to see how many things need to be updated, not just houses, but restaurants, wardrobes, technology and you could name many more.

I have to wonder if my spiritual life needs an update.  Am I living in the same spiritual state I was 8 years ago?  Haven’t really done much to make spiritual improvements?  Am I increasing in His virtues and disciplines?  Or I am just comfortable with the way things were.  Lord, don’t let me get stale but let a fresh work of your Spirit begin in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment