Friday, June 8, 2012

COMPETITION


I was pondering the word “competition” the other day.  Is wanting to “win” a bad thing?  I thought about how much of my years have been lived in a competitive mode.  From the time I was little I wanted to be picked first when teams were drawing up sides.  I wanted the best grades.  I wanted to win the heart of the girl who had many interested suitors.  I wanted to win the bike race, the spirited debate, the Monopoly game.  Maybe you have a little of me in you.

But I wonder how competitive we feel when it comes to spiritual things, especially the eternal souls of mankind.  I think we all realize that Satan vies for the souls of man even as God does.   If God wasn’t competitive about the souls of mankind, Christ would have never died on the cross.  God wants people to experience and enjoy the fullness of eternal life with Him and Satan is doing all He can to prevent it.  God has enlisted us to be part of His team in battling for the souls of mankind, so one of the core components of CCC’s mission is “Winning people to Christ”.   Are our competitive juices flowing?

No comments:

Post a Comment