Friday, June 29, 2012

SINNER/SAINTS


I raised the white flag five minutes ago. My one year old twins are now officially sinners.  Could these be the same boys who two months ago were model citizens, cherubs from heaven?  Luke has never seen a meal he doesn't like.  He went right after green beans and sweet potato mash, but Sam swatted away my first spoonful of green beans with a deft left hand swipe and with a mischievous grin that seemed to say, "Try and feed me big guy!"
Play time was a war. No matter how a divvied up the toys, each wanted what the other had.  Grabbing, pushing, screaming, crying!  What is going on?  They're only one year old!  They're at the stage where changing diapers and putting on pajamas is good training for wrestling alligators. They wore me out!!

But then a switch went off.  It's bedtime.  They take their bottles without a fuss.  I read them stories, sing them songs. They go to bed without a fight.  They jabber and laugh until they slowly fall asleep.  Too precious to miss.

I love my sinner/saint grandboys!  Happy 1st birthday, Luke and Sam.

No comments:

Post a Comment