Friday, September 13, 2013

COUNTDOWNS


Some of the most exciting countdowns I remember in my childhood were the final 10 ten seconds of a space launch, the 24 days till Christmas, the last five days of school.  But I have been in an exciting countdown over this past year.  It is a countdown to a wedding day that absolutely thrills my heart.  Over this past year that Melinda and I have gotten to know each other, the geographical distance necessitated countdowns.  She lives in Florida, I live in Ohio.  So it was “42 days till we get to be together again, 33 days till we’ll see each other again”, and on it went, month by month by month.   Well the countdown in its final stage.  As of today, Friday, September 13, 2013, the numbers are 13 and 15.  Thirteen days till Melinda picks me up at the airport in Wilmington, and 15 days till the “I Do’s”.

The anticipation consumes me because Melinda is such an amazing lady, and an incredible gift of God to me and my family.  I am blessed way beyond my worthiness.  So each day as the wedding gets closer I get more and more excited.

Maybe that’s why God uses the wedding metaphor in talking about the day when we the church, His bride, will be united with Jesus, our bridegroom, forever and ever.  The thought of that should elicit the same excitement in us.  It will be the biggest event in our lives.  God will pull out all the stops.  The wedding feast will be amazing.  Can I encourage you to be like me?  Get excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment