Friday, September 6, 2013

I DO


Three weeks from today I am taking a life changing trip, and all for the better.  A little over three years ago my wife, Mary Ann, died.  And now in the providential working of God I am taking that life changing trip to the altar of matrimony once again.  The excitement increases with each day.  I love the opportunity to love a wife again, to dream of the future joys that living life with the one you love brings.  To have a soulmate that loves God and family with incredible passion and conviction, and who is open to pursue all God has for us.  It’s all so good!!

When we stand at the altar and say “I Do”, it isn’t just a sign and consent kind of deal.  It is the beginning of a journey together that becomes a relationship of deepest intimacy.  There is no other relationship like it on earth.  And it mirrors the relational heart of God.  So it shouldn’t come as any surprise to us that God wants that kind of relationship with us when we stand before him and say “I Do” to his offer of salvation.  It isn’t just a decision of believe and receive, it is a relationship that begins a journey together and moves forward to greater intimacy and fulfillment.  It never ends, it never stops.  It is meant to continue all the days of our lives on earth as well as in heaven.  It is a relationship of inexhaustible sweetness and joy.

As CCC begins a new ministry year, I trust you will keep going deeper in a growing, intimate relationship with the Lord.  It’s precious and we want to do all we can to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment