Friday, September 27, 2013

OUR ALWAYS FAITHFUL GOD


This is it.  The day has come.  It is a time of both culmination and commencement, the culmination of a year of preparation and confirmation, the commencement of a new life with Melinda Temple as my wife.  Sept 28th is the wedding day.  Excitement grows with the hour as I look forward to life with my new bride.  The happiness in my soul at the joy of loving this amazing, beautiful lady is boundless.  Yet in the midst of all this, there is even greater joy to know that the God of the universe, the God who promised to never leave me or forsake me, the God whose will I want to know and walk in more than anything else in life, has chosen this path for me.  One thing I have learned over the years is the truth of Proverbs 3:5,6.  Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path.  The words that thrill me in these verses are the words “all” and “shall”.  We are encouraged to trust him with ALL our heart, even when our understanding is darkened, and to trust Him in whatever path we find ourselves on, for He SHALL direct our way.  There is great peace, comfort and excitement in humbling ourselves in trust before our Great God, acknowledging our full dependence on Him.  I don’t deserve this great blessing more than anyone else, yet I am deeply grateful for it.  But I also have learned that no matter what my circumstances, when I submit all to Him He will direct me, making sure my life unfolds according to His will.  That is my greatest joy and confidence.  May that be yours as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment